Saturday, June 14, 2008

Fathers......

I want to pay tribute to all of men in my life who are fathers!

First off, I have been born to and raised by and influenced by such a unique and (mostly) adorable man - My Daddy. Even though I am almost 59 years old, I still call him Daddy. I love him and I am so blessed that he is still such an important part of my life. I wish that I had inherited some of his amazing talents. Alas; not one! He still asks "what do you want ?" when I get him on the phone. He is a cute Gramps and Gr. Gramps to all of my family.

My mantra since I was about 12 years old: "choose wisely and carefully the father of your children". I followed my own advice. I chose well. Jim is the perfect parent to all of you for various reasons. You are lucky that I was so wise in that decision so many years ago. He has been a wonderful partner in parenting , and is the most loved and popular Papa on the face of the earth. "Oh, hi Nana - where's Papa?" is what I hear several times a week. I am happy for him and for the grandkids that they have such a sweet and happy relationship. Even though I do all the work.

My two sons Nate and Jake have delighted and awed me with their ability to care for their children. They are great Dads and loved by their kids. They comfort, they change diapers, they teach, they play and they provide a great environment for their families. And, they married well.

My three sons- in -law are incredible men too. I love them more than I ever knew I could - I didn't know them as children, but I love them like I have always known them. I trust them, I appreciate how they care for their families, and how they make my daughters so happy and content.
I am a grateful and blessed daughter, wife, mother, and mother-in-law.

Happy Fathers Day!

2 comments:

Lizzy said...

Mom, you always know how to say it best. We are so lucky for the men in our lives - they are all so amazing. Happy Fathers Day to them all!

Anna said...

Great post, Mom...I second Liz's comment...We really are so blessed to have such awesome men in our lives!